Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Product Review: Carol’s Daughter Olive Oil Infusion




This is a first impression of the Olive Oil Infusion. This at- home hair treatment suppose to soften and detangle hair. The box contain a bottle of Khoret Amen hair oil, a jar of Khoret Amen hair smoothie, application nozzle, and treatment cap. I followed the directions on the box and my first thought was maybe I should have wash my hair the day before. This is because according to the directions you applied the products to dry hair and I had styling products in my hair still. Anyhoo, the steps were easy to follow and I did feel like the smoothie immediately started to melt those tangles anyway. After rinsing the product out, my hair did feel soft. But the directions said that I could wash and condition afterwards, in which, I did. I hair felt okay. I mean it wasn’t amazing; my curls didn’t look more define, my hair wasn’t anymore manageable, and the smell was horrible (not a fan of herbal smelling things). I have a little pet peeve about this product. The directions have specific amount of product to use in your hair and it was hard to eyeball it, at least for me. I think the bottle and jar should have measurement lines for easier use. As of now, I do think it is good for detangling, it does have really good slip, and my hair was soft (it does have two cones, so it is expected). I am going to continue to use this product weekly for another two weeks (on freshly wash hair) to see if I get better results over time. So, look for an update in the next few weeks. ‘Til then, xoxo.
Ingredients:
Khoret Amen Hair Oil: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Jumiperus Virhiniana (Cedarwood) Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Oil, Pimenta Racemosa (Bay) Oil 
Khoret Amen Hair Smoothie: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Amodimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Mauritia Flexuosa (Buriti) Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Juniperus Virginiana (Cedarwood) Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Oil, Pimenta Racemosa (Bay) Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aspartic Acid, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum) 

No comments:

Post a Comment