Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lace wig Review: For Girls Like Us

I have been a lover of lace wigs for about 2 years. They helped me transition from relax to natural and loved the fact I can switch up hairstyles in less than an hour.  For the lovers of lace wigs, here is a review. This full lace wig is a 16"-18" Burmese Afro Curly Remy in a natural color (medium density, ~120%). I got a small cap size with medium brown swiss lace and stretch in the middle. It is currently price at $300. The shipping was super fast, which I loved (hate waiting for things). It came nicely packet with lots of goodies (toothbrushes to clean your lace, tape, shower cap, ponytail holders, hair clips, mirror, and so on). The hair was so soft and bounce back wash after wash (got her in May). The hairline had all the natural dips and curves but, was a little thick. So, I thinned out the hairline a little to make it more realistic. I had very little shedding. The wig wouldn't straighten completely when I tried to straighten it. But I kinda expect it because of texture. I did bleached the knots myself and put some highlights in it. I also got my cousin to cut it into a cute bob and I sewed in some wig clips in the back (didn't feel like doing the full bonding because I don't wear curly unit in a ponytail most of the time). I got so many comments while wearing this unit. I give this unit an 8 out of 10. Maybe if I order another one, I would get it custom and have it in a lighter density. Here is a link to the unit: http://www.forgirlslikeus.com/burmese-afro-kinky-curl.html Tell me what you think or what your experience with lace wigs.

2 comments:

  1. This website started off very well. I was excited that I had found a place close enough to my home (NYC) where I could drive and actually look at the wigs before I purchased them. I purchased about 7 wigs from this company with pretty good results. Then something went wrong. I purchased a wig that tangled and was not at all the quality that I was used to from this company. I emailed Meloney several times and eventually someone got back to me to tell me that what I experienced was normal wear and tear. I know that it was not. Horribly disappointed. I vowed not to spend my money here again. So, good luck guys. You have lost a loyal customer. Apparently you did not care enough to rectify the problem.

    J
    NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alisha,
    I am doing as much research on this unit possible and there are only two online submissions on this unit. One saying it's not worth the money and the other saying they love it.
    Can I see the part and can you upload more information that would be helpful/useful about this unit. That would be greatly appreciated thankyou.

    ReplyDelete